Group Representatives (Reps)
Our Booster Club uses a Group Representative ("Rep") format for staffing concession stand events, patterned after several other schools. All of the groups that work concessions receive annual funding from the Club.
- Each of the music instructors and coaches find one parent representative "Rep" for their particular group. They are to provide a list of parents, their phone/e-mail addresses to their respective rep.
- This “rep” will work directly with our Volunteer Coordinator Aimee Noehren, LMBoosterClubVolunteers@gmail.com in finding workers from their particular group (example: parent rep for Soph FB would use the Soph FB parents list to draw on) for their assigned event.
- All events will be prescheduled several months ahead with a schedule sent to all reps. Reps will need to find between two and six workers per event (mostly four) depending on the type of event. A maximum of twelve workers per rep are needed annually (out of a total of 500).
- A maximum of three annual events are assigned per rep (out of a total of 150 event slots). Depending on the schedule, this would be one each for fall, winter & spring/summer.
- Worker events are three hour slots and involve mostly Tues, Thurs, Friday nights and some Sat / Sun daytime tournaments. Assigned events would vary per group – one time may be a fall Fri night football, next time a winter Sat tourney, next time a summer Tues night baseball. Evening events are 6-9 PM, week end 9 AM – 12 noon; 12 noon – 3 PM; 3-6 PM. Someone from Boosters will meet the workers at the concession stand to help them get started.
- Rep's groups would never work their own event – example: boys basketball may be assigned a volley ball and vice – versa.
- Each sports "rep" will receive a twelve punch pass for free admission to school events. Each event worker will receive a concession coupon good for a free food and drink item
Working concession stands is fun and this format works very well as it gets more parents involved.