Group Representatives (Reps)
Our Booster Club uses a Group Representative (Rep) format for staffing concession stand events, patterned after other schools. To receive Booster Club funds and to be fair to everyone, all groups must provide concession workers.
- Each of the instructors, coaches or sponsors finds a parent representative(s) Rep for their particular group. The coach/instructor provides a list of parents, their phone/e-mail addresses to their respective Rep. Or – the coach/instructor may choose to find concession workers themselves.
- This Rep will work directly with our Volunteer Coordinator Aimee Noehren, LMBoosterClubVolunteers@gmail.com, in finding workers from their particular group. The Vol Coordinator will send out a signup link to the Rep of an assigned group who will in turn send it to the parents of that respective group.
- All events will be prescheduled several weeks ahead with a schedule sent to the Rep. Two to four workers are needed per event. Groups may work between two and six events, depending on the size of the group. The larger the group, the more events they will be scheduled to work.
- Worker events are three to four hour slots and involve mostly Tues, Thurs, Friday nights and some Sat / Sun daytime tournaments. Assigned events would vary per group – one time may be a fall football, next time a winter Sat tourney, next time a summer night baseball. Evening events are 5:30-9 PM, week-end 9 AM – 12 noon; 12 noon – 3 PM; 3-6 Someone from Boosters will meet the workers at the concession stand to help them get started.
- Rep’s groups would never work their own event – example: boys basketball may be assigned a volley ball and vice – versa.
- For each event assigned, a Rep will receive a pass good for free entry into one athletic/fine arts event.
If a parent Rep cannot be found, the coach/teacher/sponsor will assist in finding the required workers. Working concession stands is fun, gets more parents involved & is for a good cause.